06 November 2012

Election Night USA

I have worked Tuesday nights for at least the last four years. In 2008 I started what might well be a sketchbook tradition - Draw a map of the USA and spend the 4 hours on the reference desk (between questions, of course) filling in the "winning" colors. Due to time zones and all, the map does not get completely filled in for a day or more. However, there are updates below......


What the map looked like at about 7:30pm when electoral votes were tied at 163....

8:20pm Obama has 275 electoral votes!! We have a continuing president!

Wednesday morning. Florida is technically too close to call, so I went with a pale blue-violet (though it looks more grey here). Thank you everyone for voting!

And for contrast/comparison here is the map from 2008. The numbers of electoral votes are listed.



2 comments:

  1. What an awesome tradition. I love this approach. (Meanwhile, I was wandering the streets of Washington DC, carrying a half-eaten pizza, very jet-lagged and largely clueless about how the elections was actually going...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, with J being a political nut, I feel I must take some interest now and again.... :)

    ReplyDelete