15 September 2012

Little kindnesses



My garden is in my front yard - because the front gets more sun than the back yard. As I have spent time tending the plants in it over the years I have gotten a chance to chat with my neighbors as they walk by. There is no fence. As far as I can tell, no one takes any of the veggies I grow. Every now and then orphaned plants arrive by anonymous hands. This past week I came home to a bag of bulbs on the porch. There was a lovely note attached (see below) explaining
what they are, how to plant them and what to expect in the way of foliage and blooms. The only thing it didn't have was a name or address so that I can properly thank my generous yet mysterious neighbors. I settled for the best thanks I could come up with - I planted them in clumps within view of the sidewalk. Hopefully, when they bloom that will be thanks enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment